Skip to main content

Painting workshop feedback.

I just wanted to thank everyone that attended the workshops on Tuesday and Wednesday. My ambition was for a re-newed excitement for painting. I certainly went away with this. I think it would have been useful to explore supports for painting and various priming methods in more detail. In the meantime The John Jones web site is worth looking at for this information. I have added this information under art suppliers. Please make any suggestions that you may have for how this type of workshop can be improved, I would be very grateful for your feedback.  Please find some of the initial painting experiments made on Tuesday. I look forward to seeing how the work progresses on my next visit in a few weeks time.  Sarah





































Comments

  1. The workshop was a good time to just play with paint - not worrying about it going anywhere or becoming something. It can be danting when faced with all the mediums and varnishes etc. but just having the opprtunity to try them was excellent. I think its great that all the examples show promise, completely different ways of using the paint - and really emphasises the importance of learning from other people and from 'doing'.

    [I particularly like the black and white painting!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Michael.

    I agree that you really only learn to paint by doing it and watching your peers. Working with every one last week made me excited about playing with paint again. I have also started reading "what painting is' my James Elkins. It says on the cover it will "transform the readers understanding of painting" I think it's a great book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Material matters.

Thank-you to every one that attended my talk on Tuesday, and for all the questions. It's interesting that although I stood up and talked for sometime in the lecture theatre It often takes me some time and courage to ask questions. If you do want anything clarified please feel free to ask me, either here in the comments section or by email. All feedback is also useful, it was the first time I had used media clips in a presentation. I hope they added some clarity to the talk, what do you think?  I would be delighted to know.I have attempted to give references to all the artists and information covered but again if you can't find the information you need  in 'Painting matters' let me know. Sarah 

Painting Beyond Itself: The medium in the Post-Medium Condition

April 12, 2013. Frankfurt Germany. https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/newsplus/painting-beyond-itself-conference-a-success/ The book: Painting Beyond Itself - The Medium in the Post-medium Condition   Paperback   – Illustrated, 28 Feb 2016 by  Isabelle Graw     (Author) http://www.title-magazine.com/2017/09/painting-beyond-itself-an-edit-day-one/ ay by Mark Dilks